Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Completed Advent Calendar: Very Photo Heavy

The Steampunk Advent Calendar is Complete, at least on the outside. Since this was made out of mint tins, I started out making 3-dimensional scenes inside the boxes, but I decided that getting the outside of each box done before Dec. 1, was more important than spending large amounts of time on each individual box. I may continue working on the insides at some future time.

Photobucket


1.
Photobucket

2. outside:
Photobucket

2. inside:
Photobucket

3. outside:
Photobucket

3. inside:
Photobucket

4. outside
Photobucket

4. inside
Photobucket

5.
Photobucket

6. outside:
Photobucket

6. inside:
Photobucket

7. outside
Photobucket

7. inside
Photobucket

8.
Photobucket

9.
Photobucket

10.
Photobucket

11.
Photobucket

12.
Photobucket

13. outside:
Photobucket

13. inside:
Photobucket

14. outside
Photobucket

14. inside
Photobucket

15.
Photobucket

16.
Photobucket

17.
Photobucket

18.
Photobucket

19.
Photobucket

20.
Photobucket

21.
Photobucket

22. outside
Photobucket

22. inside
Photobucket

23.
Photobucket

24.
Photobucket

25.
Photobucket



These were all made following the directions I posted for making ornaments out of mint tins http://overthecrescentmoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/turning-mint-tins-into-3-d-ornaments.html, except that instead of adding a loop for hanging to the top of each tin, I added 2 strips of magnetic tape to the back of each tin. I also sprayed them all with a thin coat of clear polyurethane.

1 comment:

Simply Alexandra // My Favorite Things said...

This is such a lovely project. I love the vintage feel. Thank you for the inspiration. -Alexandra

Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

Crafty Crow