Wednesday, June 16, 2010

There are Strange Things Done in the Mid-Day Sun...

Every cloud has a silver lining.

First, the bad part:
Last week, I had been using the desk top computer to work on a story I'm writing for Blaze, and to sign Blaze up for swimming classes. I left several windows open and went off to read Blaze his bedtime story. When I came back to the computer, it was frozen. It wouldn't close the pages that were open or even switch between them. It, also, wouldn't turn off, so I unplugged it and then plugged it back in. When it turned back on, it had become nothing but a bright white screen. This time, I don't have a single teenager in the house that I can blame this on, which means I managed to kill a computer all by myself.

The good part:

The computer is still under warranty, and driving it all the way to the Apple Store in Jacksonville ( a two hour drive) wasn't such a hassle since we were going to Kingsley Plantation, just North of Jacksonville, anyway.

The other good part:

DH has left me with the laptop computer, which he had been using at the plantation. It has all of the pictures and videos he downloaded over the past couple weeks.

Archeology field school is obviously not just digging and sifting, there's a fair amount of silliness thrown in. I'm not sure if this is so they can keep their sanity while working in this brutal Florida heat, or if this is what the heat does TO them.

This is the professor:
Photobucket



If this whole archeology thing doesn't work out, it's good to have another skill to fall back on. How about acting?







No comments:

Crafty Crow