Thursday, August 6, 2015

Little Chalkboard Buffet Cards

This week's impulse purchase was little picture frame chalkboards at Michael's craft store. They were only $1.19 a piece. They came in a very unattractive grey color, but that didn't bother me, because I have some spray paint and metallic leaf paint leftover from other projects.

 photo DSC_0048.jpg

The frames were just hot glued to the chalkboard, so separating the two parts just required a little pressure (one had already come apart while still in the packaging, which is how I knew this step was going to be easy).

I sprayed all the frames with black plastic paint. I have found that other paints adhere better to plastic if a layer of paint intended for plastic is used as a base coat. I left one frame solid black and used a variety of metallic paints on the others.

 photo DSC_0051 1.jpg

When the paint was dry, I used Super Glue Gel to reattach the chalkboards to the frames.

These make great reusable labels for food at a potluck, cocktail party, tea party, or buffet.

 photo DSC_0013 1.jpg

No comments:

Crafty Crow