Tuesday, November 5, 2013

New Steampunk Christmas Ornaments

My steampunk Christmas panel at the GLI-Expo is this Saturday, so I've been making some new ornaments to take with.

Things shaped like mustaches are so popular right now, that Blaze and I have been playing a game when we go shopping, seeing which of us can point out the most mustaches. So, this year's addition to the beeswax ornaments collection, is a group of mustaches.

They were made using a mustache-shaped candy mold.
The color was achieved by adding bits of beeswax crayons to the melting wax.

 photo DSC_0011-1.jpg

A small tart tin that I found at an antique store, also became an ornament.

 photo DSC_0005-4.jpg

 photo DSC_0006-4.jpg

Inspired by a couple different Etsy shops, I tried my hand at making a clock-hand snowflake, as well.

 photo DSC_0022-2.jpg

I am working on a table runner to match the crazy quilt tree skirt and Christmas stocking that I made in previous years, but there is a lot more work to go, so the finished product will not be ready by this weekend. Here is a sneak peek at one of the details, though.

 photo DSC_0003.jpg

Wish me luck on Saturday. I will be doing the "Steampunk on a Budget" panel with two very talented ladies, but for "A Very Steampunk Christmas" I'll be on my own.

3 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

I love the lady with the cloth skirt, very sweet and old fashioned looking!

Good luck with the panels! What fun!

Crescent Moon said...

Thank you!

Sandra B. said...

I hope your panels go well!

Crafty Crow