Thursday, September 4, 2014

Saturday at Dragon*Con

We missed the parade this year, because after eating nothing but salty snack foods on Friday, I woke up with a migraine. DH didn't want to go to the parade anyway, so he wasn't too heartbroken when I announced I was going back to bed.

By 10:00 a.m., the Aleve I had taken was working and I was a functioning human being again.

Blaze as an inventor and DH as the War Doctor:

 photo DSC_0238-1.jpg

Our first event of the day was the airship races, but I'm going to give the airship races their own post tomorrow.

After the races, we looked at all the amazing creations in The Museum of Alternate History.

 photo DSC_0222-1.jpg

 photo DSC_0223-1.jpg

 photo DSC_0569.jpg

 photo DSC_0228.jpg

 photo DSC_0230-1.jpg

 photo DSC_0567.jpg

 photo DSC_0232.jpg

 photo DSC_0234-1.jpg

 photo DSC_0236.jpg

That evening, Blaze and I went to The Georgia Aquarium's Dragon*Con night.



Dinner was slices of pizza, eaten while sitting on the floor in the Marriott, people watching. That carpeting is surprisingly comfortable when you have tired feet and it would be hard to find a more entertaining dinner show.

After a little rest, we were ready for the midnight concert with The Cog is Dead.

 photo DSC_0425.jpg


 photo DSC_0486-1.jpg

I did not take this video, a gentleman named Mark Rossmore did, but it's the best one I've seen of the concert and it shows the very talented Tempest preforming with the band.



No comments:

Crafty Crow