Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Featured Teapot Racer: "Eat Our Dust"




Today's featured teapot racer has special significance. Caitlin Karcher, the driver of the vehicle, posted about her Belle costume from "Beauty and the Beast" on her cosplay page, "Today is the one year anniversary of when I watched the new movie trailer a thousand times just to get a good glimpse of the yellow dress. I knew even then. "





As soon as I saw her walk into the SWFL Steampunk and Fantasy Expo, I offered her the Mrs. Potts and Chip racer for the Splendid Teapot Races that afternoon. "Eat Our Dust" is one of the spare racers that I bring along to teapot racing events, just incase someone, who has never heard of teapot racing before, really wants to try racing.

Since Caitlin had never tried this sport before, she came back a couple hours before the race to practice and that was when she discovered that "Eat Our Dust" was suffering from technical difficulties. It would no longer turn.



No amount of adjusting would make it turn.



Besides being an all-around lovely person, Caitlin was a good sport through all of this. When I handed her the song lyrics and explained about the "Most Dastardly Driver" ribbon for most entertaining cheat, she immediately started practicing the song and turned out to have a beautiful singing voice. My husband says he thinks all future teapot races should begin with her singing this song.







Since this race, Mrs. Potts and Chip have moved to a new remote control car chassis that can be steered.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is still the most iconic thing I've ever done at any convention! I'm so happy I was able to be reunited with this teapot last SWFL SteamCon! Until next year, Caity Jayne Cosplay

Crafty Crow