Friday, April 11, 2014

A Field Trip to the Field Museum

This past weekend, we made the long drive from Florida to Northern Illinois for my Grandmother's funeral. The funeral was Saturday and I'm very glad that we were able to go, because it gave me a chance to reconnect with family members who I had not seen since I was about 12 years old.

It took two full days of driving to get there, so we stayed two full days, before making the long trek home. Sunday, we took my mom to the Field Museum in Chicago, mostly because I really wanted to see the 1893 Chicago World's Fair Exhibit, while we were in the area.

I had read Devil in the White City, by Erik Larson, a few months ago and DH is reading it currently. The book is based on the true events of the Chicago World's Fair and America's first serial killer. This exhibit was the perfect follow-up to the book.


 photo DSC_0101.jpg

 photo DSC_0106.jpg

 photo DSC_0109.jpg

 photo DSC_0175.jpg

 photo DSC_0191.jpg

Napping, Egyptian style:
 photo DSC_0196.jpg

 photo DSC_0197.jpg

 photo DSC_0201.jpg

 photo DSC_0203-1.jpg

 photo DSC_0211.jpg

 photo DSC_0224.jpg

 photo DSC_0227.jpg

 photo DSC_0247.jpg

I like that at least some things never change. The hall of dinosaurs looks the same as it has looked my whole life, even though much of the rest of the museum has changed.
 photo DSC_0283.jpg

 photo DSC_0286.jpg

The 1893 Chicago World's Fair Exhibit:



 photo DSC_0251.jpg

No comments:

Crafty Crow