Friday, December 19, 2014

Crazy Quilt Table Runner and This Year's Christmas Crackers

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas:
 photo DSC_0014-17.jpg

When we had our first steampunk themed Christmas in 2010, I made a set of crazy quilt Victorian boot style Christmas stockings: http://overthecrescentmoon.blogspot.com/2010/11/crazy-quilt-christmas-stockings.html. Then, in 2011 I made a tree skirt that matched the stockings: http://overthecrescentmoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/gearing-up-for-christmas-tree-skirt.html. Last year I planned to add a table runner to the collection, but it didn't get finished in time, so I tossed it aside and didn't come back to it until about a week ago. I could have kept adding things to it, but instead, I have declared it complete.

 photo DSC_0013-19.jpg

 photo DSC_0016-14.jpg

 photo DSC_0014-16.jpg

 photo DSC_0003-18.jpg

Since finishing the table runner, I've been working on this year's homemade Christmas Crackers. I had three colors of metallic tissue paper left-over from last year and decided that we would each have crackers with crowns that matched the colors of the place-card lanterns that I had already made.

 photo DSC_0009-16.jpg

This afternoon, I made the airship metal to be the prize in Blaze's cracker and finished cracker assembly.

 photo DSC_0004-23.jpg

 photo DSC_0019-13.jpg

For instructions on how to make Christmas Crackers, here is the tutorial I posted last year:
http://overthecrescentmoon.blogspot.com/2013/12/homemade-christmas-crackers.html

No comments:

Crafty Crow