Sunday, November 15, 2015

Steampunk Christmas Tree Centerpiece

I started working on this project just after Christmas last year, adding little things as I found them. The base is a non-pourus styrofoam cone that originally came with a Halloween witch craft kit that I had sitting around for years, but never got around to assembling.

 photo DSC_0001.jpg

 photo DSC_0004.jpg

The tree topper was one of my son's "Hot Wheels" toys (it used to be red and black).

 photo DSC_0007.jpg

 photo DSC_0011.jpg

Last night, I glued on the final piece, so this morning I spray painted the entire tree with hammered copper spray paint. It took about three coats to be sure that everything, from every angle, was covered.

 photo DSC_0016.jpg

 photo DSC_0020.jpg

 photo DSC_0023.jpg

Placed on the little "Brown Betty" teapot for extra height, I think this will be a nice centerpiece for our holiday table. It will certainly give the people around the table a lot to look at.

 photo DSC_0026.jpg

 photo DSC_0030.jpg

No comments:

Crafty Crow