Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

We didn't go anywhere for New Year's Eve, but we had a good time at home. We covered the table with party foods (mostly made out of things left over from Christmas) and watched regeneration episodes of Dr. Who.

 photo DSC_0005-9.jpg

 photo DSC_0016-4.jpg

DH even got dressed up in the new vest I gave him for Christmas and made a pitcher of sangria.

 photo DSC_0001-8.jpg

When we were not eating, DH and I cleaned up and repainted this picture frame that we had purchased for $2 at a charity resale shop.

 photo DSC_0003-4.jpg

One of Blaze's gifts for Christmas was a chibi picture of two of the members of the League of Steam, which we received for supporting their resent Kickstarter campaign, but I wanted the picture to have a nice frame before it went up on his bedroom wall.

Because I didn't like the yellow matting that came with the picture frame, I went over it with alcohol inks in mixed metallics and browns, the same method I used for some of my Christmas gift tags.

 photo DSC_0022-5.jpg

DH removed the class from the frame and did an excellent job of cleaning it.

I spray painted the wooden frame with the "beaten copper" spray paint left over from the "Big Wheel".

First thing this morning, the picture went into the frame and was hung on Blaze's bedroom wall.

 photo DSC_0001-7.jpg

 photo DSC_0003-5.jpg

Our new year is off to a pretty good start.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2014!

No comments:

Crafty Crow