Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Steampunk Modified "Big Wheel"

Since Blaze got a new bike for Christmas, I wanted the little girl I babysit for to have one too, so they could ride around together.

I found this one at a moving sale:

 photo DSC_0006-9.jpg

At first, I was just going to give it to her like this, but the more I looked at it, the more I wasn't satisfied with the way it looked.

So, I painted it and added leather handlebar grips and seat cover. I also added some decorative touches, like a compass and a bike horn. Now, this is a ride that seems more suited to the child.

 photo DSC_0007-9.jpg

 photo DSC_0013-8.jpg

We gave her the bike today. She doesn't know how to pedal yet, but she did try.

 photo DSC_0005-8.jpg

The buttons were fun to play with.



 photo DSC_0003-3.jpg

No comments:

Crafty Crow