Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Splendid Teapot Racing Florida's First Event

We had a great time at Renninger's Industrial Show over the weekend and the teapot race was a success and very funny to watch.



I really enjoy seeing all the creative ways that people went with the concept of using a remote control chassis and a teapot to build their racers.

Renninger's Antiques and Flea Market were very generous! They had two large tents set up for us and a table. They also donated a trophy for the grand champion.

The grass course was difficult for some of the racers, but really those were the most entertaining to watch.

Another fun, surprise addition to our race was live musical accompaniment. Daniel O'Ryan from the band Clockwork Knotwork played his steampunk electro-bagpipes for us. His large repertoire of songs added a lot to the races. I now think all teapot races need a bagpipe player.


3 comments:

Sandra B. said...

Looks like a lot of fun, congratulations on a successful race.

Karin Millson said...

Trying to contact you. I found some diagrams on pinterest that you had put up or however that works... they are here
I wonder if you can help me because I can't seem to download them. Do you possibly have the original files of the drawings? I would be very grateful. I am happy to connect with you via Facebook or email if you can help (here is my blog address if you wish to check my authenticity. Thanks, karin i-sew.blogspot.com

Crescent Moon said...

They can be downloaded from the "files" section on the Splendid Teapot Racing Florida's page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1650497891901054/
or at Splendid Teapot Racing USA's Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/groups/teapotraceUSA/

Crafty Crow