Saturday, November 27, 2010

Party Invitations

My first attempt to make party invitations didn't work out well. I had used Mod Podge to attach a pictures to cards made out of heavy scrapbooking paper, and then had covered over the cards with more Mod Podge to make them shiny. The result was cards that stuck to each other and tore when I pulled them apart.

The solution was to go with a much simpler design. I just printed out the following design on a full sheet of paper. I filled in the information by hand on one page and then ran off copies. I also stapled a map to each invitation and folded it in thirds, like a business letter.

Photobucket

Each folded invitation now has a child's name written on the outside and is ready for Blaze to pass out before school on Monday.



If you are having a steampunk themed party and do not want to make your own invitations, and have a slightly bigger budget then I'm working with, I found these amazing cards on Etsy:

Photobucket

http://www.etsy.com/listing/49880124/steampunk-invitations-set-of-10

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are awesome invitations!

Crafty Crow