Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Superbowl Tea Party

Twice last week, DH jokingly asked me what I was making for my Superbowl tea party. I took that as a challenge, so here is what I made for my Superbowl tea party:

Photobucket

Football shaped finger sandwiches, made from pumpernickel bread, fresh strawberries, deviled eggs decorated with chive "stitching", and miniature coconut-lime cupcakes covered with green colored coconut (to look like astroturf). There are three kinds of sandwiches, plain cream cheese and lox, chive cream cheese and lox, and cucumber.

DH is making guacamole and tea.



Coconut-Lime Mini Cupcakes

1/2 Cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature

3/4 Cup sugar

2 large eggs

The zest from one lime

1/4 Cup lime juice

1/4 Cup Crema de Coco

1 1/4 Cups unbleached white flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and beat well. Add lime zest, lime juice, and coconut cream and mix well. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until it is all well blended.

Spray mini cupcake pans with non-stick baking spray and fill 3/4 full of cake batter. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Makes 3 dozen miniature cupcakes



This is the first time I've used the three-tiered, copper serving tray. It's one of the things I brought home from our shopping trip to Jacksonville and St. Augustine a couple weeks ago.

1 comment:

Crafty Crow