Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dragon*Con Scrapbooking

I was very resistant to getting a digital camera years ago when my family first suggested it, because I was afraid I would never get "hard" copies of any of the pictures and in time they would all be lost. I wasn't completely wrong. I certainly have fewer printed pictures now, although I take more photographs. The only thing that motivates me to have prints made, is Blaze's scrapbook.

I started making copies of photographs and doing scrapbooking, because I wanted to make sure that my children had childhood pictures they could take with them when they grew up and left home. I have very few pictures from my childhood, because my mother was very protective of family photos and would not allow me to put very many into my own photo album. Even when, as a teenager, I was taking pictures on family vacations with my own camera, I was not allowed to keep the prints. For me, scrapbooking is a reaction to that. The memories of special events we have shared, do not belong to me alone.

It's taken me awhile, but I finally made up some scrapbook pages of pictures from Dragon*Con for Blaze.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Crafty Crow