Sunday, June 19, 2011

Eggs Benedict

Photobucket

Eggs Benedict

toasted English muffins

fried Canadian bacon

poached eggs ( I recently purchased a flower shaped, silicone egg poaching cup at World Market, that I think is very cute)

Hollandaise sauce


Hollandaise Sauce

2 egg yolks, lightly beaten

3 Tablespoons lemon juice

1/2 Cup butter


Beat egg yolks and lemon juice with a fork, in a 1-quart sauce pan. Add 1/4 cup butter and turn heat on low. Stir constantly while butter melts. Add the other 1/4 cup of butter and continue stirring until the sauce thickens. Serve right away.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

We have been on an eggs Benedict kick the past 6 months or so...so yummy! :) I think the girls would like this fun shape - I had no idea silicone egg poaching shapes even existed. I'll have to think about finding some.

Crescent Moon said...

The only shape they had at World Market was the flower shape, but it's so cute, because the yolk in the center makes the egg look like a daisy. They were $2.49 each. I looked them up on-line and other places have a heart shaped poacher, too.

Crafty Crow