Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Solar Nightlight for Camping

Just before our camping trip, I made this solar-lit jar that I had seen on Pinterest.
http://campwander.blogspot.com/2012/07/elk-camp-solar-lanterns-provisions.html

Mine turned out a little different, since the solar light sat lower on the jar lid, but I think I like it better that way.

 photo DSCN1485.jpg

Blaze likes to have a nightlight and this worked perfect as a tent nightlight. The light was shining from the moment the sun went down, until just before dawn.

 photo DSCN1888.jpg

The solar garden light I used had been a red, white, and blue one that I bought for a $1 last year after the 4th of July. I used a little Rub 'n Buff on it to tone down the colors. The canning jar was also about $1, so this was a very inexpensive project.


No comments:

Crafty Crow