Thursday, February 11, 2010

Quick Valentine Sweets

Happy Valentines Day a little early!

Today was the elementary Valentine's Day party at the school and one of the little girls gave me a Valentine that was so cute, that I wanted to share it.

Photobucket

After Blaze ate the lollypop out of it, I took it apart to see how it was made:

Photobucket


Blaze and I also made candy to give to DH for Valentine's Day.

Photobucket

We started off with a bag of Starlight Mints and 20-ounce package of almond bark candy.

Photobucket

I unwrapped all of the mints and placed them in a gallon size zip-lock bag. Then, Blaze got to do the fun job of pounding on the candies with his hammer until they were all crushed.

Photobucket

I followed the package directions for melting the almond back in the microwave. Then, we stirred 1 Cup of crushed mint candy into the melted almond bark.

We tried 3 different methods of making the candies into heart shapes. I had two candy canes left over from Christmas, so that was our first heart.

This one came out so well, that I wish I had more leftover candy canes.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we made some with the silicon muffin pans and some by just spreading the candy into heart shapes on some aluminum foil.

Photobucket

I hope everyone has a very happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Mmm...we made peppermint bark along with about 6 other types of candy at Christmastime, and the peppermint bark was our favorite! I bought extra candy canes and have been saving them (lol) so we could make candycane syrup this weekend for our waffles. :)

Crescent Moon said...

I've never made syrup out of candy canes. What a great idea!

Crafty Crow