Thursday, January 20, 2011

Painting Pottery

Just before Christmas, some wonderful friends from school ( a mother and daughter) took Blaze and I to Do Art, which is a do-it-yourselve pottery painting shop. This was the first time Blaze and I had ever been there and I'm very glad we went with people who knew what they were doing.
There were so many different pieces of pottery to choose from, that it took awhile for Blaze to choose what he wanted to paint, but he finally chose a tea cup and saucer, while I picked a coffee mug.

Photobucket


The beautiful, peace and Beatles inspired mug that my friend worked on while her daughter went for the darker, goth skull:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blaze painted a picture of our teenage friend and himself playing on swings, since it is something they both enjoy doing at school.

Photobucket

My cup was not quite as creative. I had been admiring the way a speckled cup looked that they were using for washing dirty paint brushes, and decided to try my hand at that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was such a nice surprise to walk into the school office today and find a gift bag with our finished cups waiting in my mailbox.
Thank you so much, V. and R.!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Blaze, that's a pretty cool teacup you painted. :)

Crescent Moon - gorgeous, just a gorgeous coffee mug!

Crafty Crow