Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Corner View: My Style

For this week's corner view, we were asked to show our personal style. My style varies quite a bit from day to day, except for the shoes. I usually wear my Teva sandals with everything (or I go barefoot).

If it's warm and I don't have someplace nice to go, I usually wear shorts or jeans with one of my many tourist T-shirts, and a bandanna to hold back my hair.

If I feel like dressing up a bit more, I like full skirts and light airy shirts.

I have a few pairs of cargo pants that I like to wear, but only one pair of dress pants, which are referred to as the "funeral pants".

My most recent clothing purchase was Spring weight jackets for my oldest daughter and me, in different colors, but the same design.

Mine is Khaki:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ula's is black:

Photobucket

My most recent, completed, sewing project was a flannel patchwork skirt, which kept me nice and warm during our trip up North for Christmas:

Photobucket

The sewing project I just started last night, is to make a long brown tiered bustle skirt, based on this design by Retroscope:

Photobucket

and using this fabric:

Photobucket


To see what other Corner View participants are wearing, don't forget to go visit our host at Spain Daily and the many people around the world who are listed on her sidebar.

8 comments:

Tammy said...

I still can't get over how gorgeous the skirt is that you made!

Joyce said...

I love how you sew your style. Very nice! I usually go barefoot at home too. xo

sunnymama said...

Oh I love your patchwork skirt! Gorgeous. :)

Bonnie said...

Wow ! You made that ? You go girl ! I'm impressed !!!

likeschocolate said...

What a fabulous trench!

Anonymous said...

I saw the first picture and thought...OOOhh my Lord, I love that coat, if it was only in black. And then?!! You have it yourself. Beautiful, beautiful.

Palmer and Co said...

Oh, so cute! Love the patchwork! Great job!

jane said...

i love that jacket! it goes with everything. and i´m pretty impressed with your sewing! wow!

Crafty Crow