Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mesopotamia

This week, the older elementary children at school and Blaze started learning about Ancient Mesopotamia.



We've been doing worksheets about cuneiform, the writing of ancient Mesopotamia:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blaze and I watched this movie Monday night and I will be showing it to the kids at school tomorrow morning. It's part of a series about ancient civilizations.

Photobucket

I also found this coloring page for the children to do, just incase the movie ends before the end of the class period:

http://highland.hitcho.com.au/sumeriancitycolor.pdf


The following website is a great resource for children learning about ancient Mesopotamia:

http://mesopotamia.mrdonn.org/


Last night, I discovered a rap song that tells all about ancient Mesopotamia. I just wish the sound quality on this recording was a little better.








Silly Music Video:




This was a strange co-incidence. I was working on lesson plans about Mesopotamia for Blaze this week, when DH turned on the t.v. just as Capt. Picard on Star Trek :The Next Generation started telling the story of Gilgamesh.

No comments:

Crafty Crow