Saturday, October 16, 2010

DH's Birthday

Photobucket

Since he has a birthday this close to Halloween, it's hard for me to resist the urge to decorate DH's birthday cake with a Halloween theme. I usually don't even try to resist.

This year, I had thought about surrounding the cake with little ghost cookies. I've always seen pictures of these made out of Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookies, but when I saw these little elf shaped cookies at the grocery store, I thought they'd be even better.

Photobucket

By dipping these cookies in melted white chocolate, but leaving the feet of the elves exposed on the bottoms, it made the cookies look more like children in ghost costumes, than actual ghosts. For the eyes, I used mini chocolate chips.

The little ghost cookies, playing ring-around-the-rosy around the chocolate frosted chocolate cake.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Cute ghosts! And say happy birthday to your DH from me. :)

Crafty Crow