Sunday, October 31, 2010

Not So Sweet Halloween Treats

Photobucket

Today is the last day of swimming, until after the holidays, so we're having a little party with a potluck snack buffet. Since it is also Halloween, I made Halloween themed treats. I figure most of the children will get plenty of candy later tonight, so I steered away from cookies, cakes, or candies.

First, I made little witches hats out of Bugles, cone shaped snacks, held in place on the center of Ritz crackers using cheddar cheese spread.

Photobucket

Then I made witches brooms out of "Fruit-by-the-Foot" and small stick pretzels.

The "Fruit-by-the-Foot" was cut into 4-inch strips and then each strip was cut into a fringe, before it was peeled from the wrapper.

Photobucket

Next, the fringed fruit leather was wrapped around one end of a pretzel and the top edge of the fruit leather was pinched onto the pretzel. I really like the multi-colored fruit leather for this.

Photobucket

Ready for the party:
Photobucket

These would be perfect for a Harry Potter themed party, as well as Halloween.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

FUN!!!!! I was wondering how you made them on your facebook page, so I had to come check it out here. lol!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Love the brooms!!

Crafty Crow