Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Hearts Cheese Cake

I made this cheese cake as a Valentine's Day gift for my family using the same cheese cake recipe as the tie-dye cheese cake found here:

http://overthecrescentmoon.blogspot.com/2009/01/tie-dye-cheesecake.html

But with a different crust and decorations.





For this Cheese Cake, I made a mocha crust.


1 1/2 Cups crushed chocolate cookies

1/4 Cup finely ground coffee beans

1/4 Cup Sugar

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 stick of butter, melted


Mix all the ingredients together and press the crust mixture into the bottom of a spring-form cake pan. Pat the crust down firmly, making it go a little ways up the side of the pan. Set the pan in the refrigerator while the batter is being made.



The decorative touches on this Cheese Cake were made by slightly heating some seedless raspberry jelly in the microwave, in a glass measuring cup, and then whisking it to make it pourable. I then poured it into a squirt bottle ( in this case a ketchup dispenser), so I'd have more control while decorating.

1 comment:

Ula said...

Hey, the cheese cake looks really good. Raspberry Mochas are my favorite so this sounds like a perfect recipe for me to try. I got your package by the way. Thank Aidan for the card, it is proudly displayed. And thank you for the gifts.

Crafty Crow