Friday, February 20, 2009

Signs of Spring

Flowering trees,

Photobucket

Photobucket


Blaze helping me to set out onion sets and finding a worm to watch,

Photobucket

Photobucket

And unpredictable weather.

I had already washed all the sheets and towels that I had used to cover the garden plants during the nights when it was below freezing, figuring that we were past that now. Then I looked at the weather prediction for tonight, which is 25 degrees F. (-3.8 in Celsius).

I'm also currently suffering from an awful Spring cold. Nika and DH were both sick yesterday, but DH seems to be feeling better today, so instead, I have it. Blaze has shown no signs of having caught it yet. While I'm feeling like my head will explode soon, he is cheerfully singing something that sounds like opera in his bedroom.

I have made a pot of (hopefully) curative chicken broth, seasoned with sage and lots of garlic.

2 comments:

Joannof10 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joannof10 said...

I am soooo jealous of your weather--our high temp was 25 degrees with a cold whipping wind. Spring flowers are months away--a few years ago we even had a snowstorm on Mother's Day! :-(

I hope you are all feeling better soon!

Crafty Crow