Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Aayla do! Montessori has passed on this award to me. I looked up the award on Google and found this description:
"This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant. This award is about bloggers who post from their heart, who oftentimes put their heart on display as they write from the depths of their soul."
Conditions of this award are: Tell your readers 10 things about you that they may or may not know, but are true. Tag ten people with the award, and be sure to let them know they have been tagged (a quick comment on their blog will do). Don’t forget to link back to the blogger who tagged you.
Lets see if I can think of ten things I haven't already written on this blog.
1. I have given up on my garden for this summer. It has been too hot and the weeds are too aggressive.
2. I am a disorganized slob in a small apartment with two other disorganized slobs, so my blog is a way to bring order to my life.
3. I used to sew clothing for my daughters, their homemade rag dolls, and myself, but in recent years I've done a lot less sewing.
The last garment I made was Blaze's costume for Halloween last year.
4. I would like to make soap again. It has been many years since I did that, as well. The last batch I made fell from a high shelf where it was sitting to cure, and fell on my husband's (now ex-husband's) head, burning him with lye. I think I'm brave enough to try it again, and wise enough not to set it on a shelf.
5. I learn along with my children and tutoring students, although I'm still pretty weak in math.
6. I have always liked thunderstorms.
7. I didn't have very many books when I was a child, and when I was a teenager, my mother didn't allow me to read books that were not assigned by a teacher, so part of my teenage rebellion was secretly reading The Lord of the Rings books. I am now a compulsive book buyer and my children have always had more books than we really have storage space for.
8. I have "met" people through this blog, who I consider friends even though we have never met in real life.
9. I don't worry when Blaze is making noise. I only worry when it's too quiet, or if I ask him what he's doing and he answers, "nothing."
10. Most of the useful skills I have, I learned in extracurricular classes, clubs, camps, and from my mother, not from school.
The people I would like to pass this award on to are:
Homeschooling in the Rose Garden
In These Hills
Laugh, Live, Learn, Love
5 Orange Potatoes