Thursday, July 30, 2009

Apple-Cinnamon Fruit Leather

This is even easier than the blueberry fruit leather recipe I post a couple days ago, because you don't have to dirty-up a blender.

Photobucket


3 Cups of Applesauce

1 Tablespoon honey

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Stir everything together in a mixing bowl.

2. Spray a jelly-roll pan with non-stick baking spray.

3. Pour the applesauce mixture in the jelly-roll pan and spread it out evenly.

4. Bake in a oven set to "warm" or 150 degrees F. for 7 1/2 hours, with the oven door ajar about a inch.

Photobucket

DH suggested I make some kind of dessert sushi out of the fruit leather. I think he was really joking, but I did see something like that recently on another blog, I just can't remember which one. They had used rice crispy-marshmallow treats as the filling instead of rice and fruit roll-ups instead of nori. I think some had gummy worms in the center and some had Swedish fish on top.

4 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Dessert sushi with fruit leather....that is a great idea!

Sandra B. said...

Koo-ki sushi used to make dessert sushi, but it looks like they are closing. I did manage to find a picture of one of their boxes on Flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photos/pokeystik/4082477/

Sandra B. said...

Oh, and you can still see their menu, even though you can't order, http://www.kookisushi.com/gift/gift.htm

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

Yum! I am going to try this with my kids!

I don't know where I originally saw the idea, but we often make dessert sushi on April Fool's Day! I blogged about it a couple years ago.

Crafty Crow