Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Harry Potter Bedroom and Why We have So Many Copies of Deathly Hallows

Since there is a new Harry Potter movie coming out soon and we are huge Harry Potter fans, I thought I'd post some older pictures of Blaze's Harry Potter themed bedroom, right after we decorated it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The fake stone wall was made out of stone print contact paper and then I added rub-on ivy decals.

Photobucket

********************************************************************

As long as I was thinking about Harry Potter related stuff today, I decided to scan some of the pictures from the release of the last Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (these were taken before I had a digital camera). We ended up with 3 copies of Deathly Hallows when it came out, which worked out very well, since there were four of us who wanted to read it right away, but we only had to pay for one. Blaze won two copies from Harry Potter costume contests.

The public library held the first event we went to. They had crafts, games, refreshments, and fortune telling, as well as actors reading a passage from one of the Harry Potter books and a costume contest.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dumbledore presenting Blaze with the costume contest prize:

Photobucket


Getting ready for the Midnight Release Party at the bookstore.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The bookstore costume contest winners:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

*******************************************

We will not be taking Blaze to the new movie, because if it's true to the book at all, it's really too frightening for him, but he loves the first 3 movies.

3 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Blaze makes a very cute Harry Potter! His room is very cool.

Tammy said...

Can you imagine this...I have not read any of the books in the series, nor have I seen any of the movies. Maybe I should???

Val in the Rose Garden said...

I agree... this movie will be too scary for Cyan too. I have already told her that she won't be going, but she can see it on video after we have made sure she knows about the scary parts. (She didn't see the last one until it was out on video either.)

Alex on the other hand, is excited to go, as I have finally let him read this book! My kids are only allowed to read one per year and they have to be as old as Harry or just about, to read them... but for this one, I gave and let him read it a year early. lol!

Die hard fans here too... although, no bedrooms, or costume contest winners. You guys do some REALLY cool stuff!

Val

Crafty Crow