Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ravioli Pizza

My friend Anne has a son who is just as picky about eating as Blaze. Last week she told me about this new way of serving ravioli that her son just loved. I tried it and it was a big hit with my husband and son, too. It's really very simple. Prepare a bag of frozen ravioli according to package instructions. After the ravioli is boiled and drained, use it to line a greased baking dish ( I used the cast iron frying pan and that worked very well).

Photobucket

Next, cover the ravioli with spaghetti sauce. At this point, my friend Anne used slices of pepperoni, but we omitted that. On top of the sauce, sprinkle about 2 Cups of grated mozzarella cheese.

Photobucket

Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese has all melted and begins to get toasty brown patches. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.

Photobucket

6 comments:

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

Mmm! That looks so yummy. We enjoy ravioli here, and this is a fun new way to try it. I've added it to my list!

Sandra said...

That is a great alternative to the way we eat raviolli, I think I'll try that. Thanks for sharing!

Sars life said...

This is simple enough for the young ones to help with. My 4 year old will not eat unless he has helped to prepare the meal. What a great idea.

dawn klinge said...

I like the sound of this! Combining two of my favorite foods, there's no way to go wrong here. :)

Tammy said...

Oh wow, this looks really delish. Looks easy, too, which is always good!

Val in the Rose Garden said...

That looks wonderful! So yummy!

Val

Crafty Crow