Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Corner View: "the unveiling, showing your true self"

A year ago, my grandmother gave me her photo albums, in them I discovered my childhood, very well documented in pictures. So, here is a condensed version of my life in photographs:

11 days old (Jan. 13, 1966):
Photobucket

6 years old and doing my own thing:
Photobucket


My 7th birthday (1973). The following year, my mother had to rip the lining out of that coat, because I had filled my pockets with earthworms, which had then made their way into the coat lining.
Photobucket

My Eighth Grade Graduation at the Elgin Academy (1980). The dress that looked like a fancy folded napkin.

Photobucket


My High School Graduation Trip to Hawaii (1984):
Photobucket

My first child at 23 (1989). When she was born, my oldest was 2 months early and only 4 pounds, 3 ounces.
Photobucket

Playing with the kids in the creek near our campsite in Montana (1992). We spent that entire Summer living in a tent in Serious Middle-of-Nowhere, Montana ( about 6 miles down old gravel roads and dirt logging roads from Condon).
Photobucket

Picture taken by my oldest daughter on a North Carolina tree planting site (1994). I'm wearing a Missouri Riverboatman's Shirt that I had hand-sewn and holding flowers we had just picked :
Photobucket


Now ( along with DH and Blaze):

Photobucket



Since I am supposed to be showing my true self, I will now tell you that I am one of the thousands of bloggers named Lisa.


To see what the other Corner View participants have reveled about themselves, check out the links on the side bar of Spain Daily.

23 comments:

Bonnie said...

lovely photos ... how cool that your grandmother gave you her photo albums!

caitlin said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm a 13th Birthday too. Mine is Feb. 13th and my husbands is Dec 13th. I always thought it was fun to be able to have birthday's on Friday the 13th. Anyway.. loved this post!

dawn klinge said...

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos. I enjoyed seeing them and learning more about you. I'm glad to know your name now as well...nice to "meet" you Lisa. :)

kristina - no penny for them said...

it's so nice to see history unfold in pictures, isn't it? great post!

Palmer and Co said...

Lisa! Fabulous name!!

I LOVE these photos! You are so cute!! The earthworms... priceless!! Totally dig the napkin skirt!

Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos!! Love them!

Happy Day, LISA!!

The Girl in the Yellow Shoes said...

Lovely! What a fantastic present!

Nicola said...

fabulous take on the theme!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

jane said...

finally! hi lisa! nice to meet you! great post! besos-jane

Cam said...

Lisa, it is so great to meet you! Lovely photos! I acquired my childhood pictures from my grandmother as well, and we spent hours laughing about the old times we've shared!

:)

Cate said...

11 days old, and you were already lifting your head and focusing your eyes like that and so alert? wow. i've never seen a newborn do that.

but the napkins skirt are my fave. great to get a look at you at all of your stages.

Ana Cristina Abreu said...

you look like a cousin of mine from kansas when you were young!!

that's crazy...

big hug!!!

Susi said...

it's great to see you grown and still staying just you...

A Captured Reflection said...

Thanks for sharing your life in photos - they are so good! I am a 1967 model, so the fashions were familiar to me. Lovely.

Unknown said...

I love the journey .... you look like someone who has real peace in your life :)

Jodi said...

oh oh oh i love the sequence~ thanks for posting!

Joyce said...

beautiful photos of a beautiful gal!! xoxo

Lisa said...

LOL on the earthworms in the coat, that is hilarious! The napkin dress and the long legs; wonderful post lisa!

Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

That is so nice, that your grandmother would keep photos of you and make photo albums! You were a very young mom when your first child was born (my own daughter was premature, and she weighed 1.6 kg (4 pounds) when she finally came home)!

Ritva said...

thanks for sharing!
nice to see all those photos!
and nice to meet you, lisa!

Kaylovesvintage said...

nice to see you

likeschocolate said...

What fun photos! Thanks for sharing yourself with us.

Kari said...

That is so cool and how wonderful of your granmama to give you her photo album.
Wonderful post!!

Tammy said...

Lisa! I was almost a Lisa (Lisa Ann). I think it's such a pretty name. These photos and the stories behind them were lots of fun to look at and read. I am still giggling over the coat and earthworm story...

Crafty Crow