How to make a pine needle chain:
1. Find several fresh pine needles, the kind with three long needles attached together. If they are not fresh, they will be too brittle and will break when you try to bend them.
2. Pull two of the needles out of the needle sheath, leaving only one attached.
3. Bend the point of the needle down and slide it into the needle sheath as far as it will go.
You now have your first loop for the chain.
4. Repeat with more pine needles, being sure to stick the needle through the previous loop before making the new loop.
5. Continue until you have reached your desired length.