Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bedtime Books

I haven't written for awhile about what we've been reading.

Blaze has finally developed the patience and story retention needed to listen to simple novels, so our bedtime reading last week was the first Boxcar Children Book.

Photobucket

This week I am reading aloud from The Children of Noisy Village.

Photobucket



I love Amazon! I ordered several cheap used books and they have been trickling in one or two at a time over the past week, so that checking the mail has been a lot more exciting recently. The Children of Noisy Village was only 98 cents. There is a sequel to this book called Happy Times in Noisy Village, which I also ordered, but has not been delivered yet, so we still have something to look forward to. I'm hoping it arrives just as we are finishing up this book.


My personal favorite books right now are the Temeraire books by Naomi Novik. I read them all last year, but now I have two of them checked out of the library as books-on-CD, so I can listen to them while I work in the kitchen. The fifth book in the series is scheduled to be released in the U.S. in July.

Photobucket

These books are action packed historical fiction about the Napoleonic War, with dragons.

I've heard that Peter Jackson ( The director of Lord of the Rings and King Kong) has bought the movie rights to the Temeraire books, so I'm looking foreword to that, as well.


Now that Nika no longer has access to the desk-top computer (she turned off the firewall, so her music would download faster, and a virus destroyed our computer. We still have a laptop, but she's not allowed to use it.), she is doing a lot more reading, mostly Oh, My Goddess mangas checked out from the library.

No comments:

Crafty Crow