Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gingerbread Toy

Here is my finished toy for The Toy Society's Christmas Toy Drop:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I made the little gingerbread house out of felt, using the (baking) gingerbread house pattern from the King Arthur Flour website and then adding a floor to the pattern.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/7512947c75dd4ce76f3a611041c1fe40/miscdocs/gingerbread.pdf

I did my toy drop this evening, just before sunset, because we will not be in town this weekend. I left it at West Side Park, but I didn't want it to be near the playground, so I left it on a bench along the Solar Walk (proportionally spaced statues of all the planets in the solar system).

Photobucket

Photobucket

I figured that by placing it in a more out-of-the-way place, it was more likely that a singular person would find it, instead of a whole group of children.

The bench is located between Jupiter and Saturn.

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Toy Society said...

This is SO lovely Lisa! I think I might make one for my little boy.

Lisa said...

I saw this felt goodness in the link within and had to come running. Darling! Love the bench you put it on. So did you ever hear from anybody picking it up?

lisa

Crafty Crow