Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Weekend Away

We have a wedding to go to in Orlando on Saturday. DH's niece is getting married Saturday evening, but since DH and I don't have to work on Friday, we decided to drive down there early and spend all day Friday at Epcot. I'm very excited because Epcot is having their Flower and Garden Festival.

Even though Orlando is only about a two hour drive from here, we don't get down there very often. This will only be the third trip to a Disney Park for Blaze and the fourth trip for me (my mom took my sister and me to Disney World when I was 10 or 11). We went to The Magic Kingdom when Blaze was 4 years old and then to Epcot last year with all three children. DH grew up in Orlando, so he's been to all these places lots of times.

The Disney Curse:

When Blaze was 4, we took him to The Magic Kingdom, which is a great place to take any 4 year old who likes Disney movies. He loved it, but was exhausted at the end of the day and probably a little dehydrated. On the bus on the way back to the hotel in the evening, he had a seizure and threw up into a plastic shopping bag.

Last year, when we took all the kids to Epcot, Blaze threw up in the car on the way down to Orlando. Then, that evening, he had a seizure in the hotel room.

Blaze is epileptic, but he doesn't have seizures very often. They are usually several months apart.
I'm just hoping this trip to Orlando will be the one that stops this Disney/Seizure connection in all of our minds.


I have to work this morning, but as soon as I get home, we're leaving. We're spending two nights in a hotel that has high speed wireless internet, so I'm taking the laptop and if I have time I'll post pictures. Saturday night, DH's sister has booked a room for us at the bed and breakfast where the wedding reception is being held.

To prepare for this trip, DH and Blaze went out to get their hair cut last night. So, here is the new, temporarily tame, look on Blaze:

Photobucket

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Nice haircut Blaze! Hope you have lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of fun this weekend. :)

Val in the Rose Garden said...

I'll be thinking and praying for you to have a healthy fun trip this time.

Val

Crafty Crow