Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bonsai!

Thanks to the beautiful bonsai trees at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, I now have a new interest. I took lots of pictures of them at the park and purchased a kit for growing one from seed, at the Japanese pavilion, along with a bottle of special bonsai fertilizer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Just before leaving Orlando Sunday evening, we stopped at Ikea and I bought this miniature Elephant Foot Palm Tree. It's not exactly a traditional bonsai tree, but it's a start.

Photobucket


Then Monday, I went to the used book store and found this book, which will hopefully teach me how not to kill my new tiny trees.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I will always think of Karate Kid when I see bonsai trees, lol!

Keep us updated on how it goes with growing your own, ok?

Anonymous said...

I've killed 3 and 5 year old bonsais :(

Hopefully you will have much better luck than me.

Crafty Crow