Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Corner View: Modes of Transportation

I am participating in a new group blogging project this week, called Corner View. It's hosted by Spain Daily, which is a lovely blog about life in Spain. I just discovered Corner View last week, when participants from all over the world were sharing what they ate for breakfast. This seems like such a simple subject, but it was a lot of fun to read how breakfast differs from person to person.
This week's subject is "modes of transportation", so here are some of the modes of transportation we used in the last week.

This is our daily mode of transportation, a maroon colored, 1998 Toyota Corolla (it really needs washing).

Photobucket

The stuff in the trunk of the car.
Photobucket

We've been driving around with all those shells in the trunk since our trip to Sanibel Island last Summer.
Photobucket

For Blaze's 6th birthday I made a toy pirate ship for him, along with a set of bendy doll pirates. The navigator from that set has become our road trip mascot. This is our navigator, Gaspar Perdido:

Photobucket

This was a strange scene I photographed as we were driving around Orlando (men dressed as Confederate, Civil War soldiers)

Photobucket


This past weekend, after the two hour drive to Orlando, we used some other forms of transportation. This is the bus that took us from our hotel to the Walt Disney World Park, Epcot.

Photobucket

Blaze riding in the back of the bus:
Photobucket


Sunday afternoon, we went back to Lake Eola because Blaze had been talking for two days about how much he wanted to go on one the Swan Boats on the lake. From a distance, these boats look like a relaxing thing to do on a sunny afternoon, but actually they're quite a workout, especially if the wind is blowing against you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blaze sat wedged in between us and he loved the ride, but he didn't have to do any of the peddling. DH hated it and I found out just how out of shape I am.

Photobucket

When we got back to shore and tried to walk again, it took awhile for my legs to stop feeling like they were made of wet noodles.




Watching the real swans on the lake was really much more restful.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Ian said...

Mr Toyota certainly seems to have sold a lot of us his products. Welcome to Corner View.

jane said...

Great post! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Thanks-Jane

Lisa said...

I am loving the shells in the trunk!

dawn klinge said...

I think the swan boat must be one of the most unique forms of transportation. That was a fun post.

Ritva said...

i vote for the swan boat!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one with odd stuff in the trunk of the car (I wish I could say our stuff was beautiful shells ...)!

The Girl in the Yellow Shoes said...

Love the boat and the seashells! And I love your husband's addition too. That is quite impressive!

caitlin said...

Love! Love the view from behind the swan's head. So great. I also love that your sons name is Blaze. Very cool!

Crescent Moon said...

I'm afraid that Blaze is just his online name. When I started my blog I promised my husband and children I would not use their real names online. Ula chose her own pseudonym, but I chose Blaze. When I was in high school, my best friend's cool, good looking, young uncle's name was really Blaze, and that made him seem extra cool.

therese said...

ha ha, love the shells that's been there since last summer - and love the mascot!

Joyce said...

great picture. Looks like a fun day!

Palmer and Co said...

So great!! I can't believe that water level!! Love all the seashells! Hey, you never know when you'll need one!

Tammy said...

This was great. I might have to join in next week.

Crafty Crow